Giannis has the last laugh against the Sixers, Duke’s next generation dominates McDonald’s All-American Game, and Tiger hints at a Masters return.
For a rundown of those stories and more, check out The Sporting News 7, a podcast that brings you the seven biggest sports stories in seven minutes at 7 a.m. ET every weekday.
Building on the award-winning journalism of The Sporting News, you’ll get all you need to know in one handy, bite-sized podcast hosted by Demetria Obilor.
Here are the seven stories you’ll hear about on Wednesday, March 30, 2022:
- NBA: Giannis drops 40 points in statement win against the Sixers, proves his basketball is better than his jokes
- NBA: Paul George shows no signs of rust in big performance for the Clippers, wins for Chicago, Nets but the LA Lakers slip to 11th in the Western Conference
- NCAAB: Duke recruit Dariq Whitehead puts in MVP performance for the East in the McDonald’s All-American game
- NFL: Overtime rule changed but just for the playoffs, league confirms Deshaun Watson could still face a disciplinary case depending outcome of civil cases of sexual misconduct
- GOLF: Tiger Woods plays 18 holes at Augusta National as speculation continues over whether he’ll compete in the Masters
- BOXING: Saudi Arabia leads the way to host Joshua vs Usyk II, but London remains a contender. Fight to go ahead in June, according to promoter Eddie Hearn
- SOCCER: Portugal amongst the countries to qualify for the World Cup but Mo Salah misses a penalty in controversial circumstances against Liverpool teammate Sadio Mane’s Senegal in AFCON Final repeat