The NFL updates the Rooney Rule, UConn keeps on going after historic double-overtime win, and the hockey world pays tribute to Senators owner Eugene Melnyk.
For a rundown of those stories and more, check out The Sporting News 7, a podcast that brings you the seven biggest sports stories in seven minutes at 7 a.m. ET every weekday.
Building on the award-winning journalism of The Sporting News, you’ll get all you need to know in one handy, bite-sized podcast hosted by Demetria Obilor.
Here are the seven stories you’ll hear about on Tuesday, March 29, 2022:
- NFL: League agrees to update Rooney Rule, mandates teams to hire minority offensive assistants and includes women in rule for first time
- MARCH MADNESS: UConn extends Final Four streak to 14 seasons after first-ever double-overtime game at this stage in the competition
- NBA: Heat snaps losing streak, returns to top of Eastern Conference as Boston loses first game in six
- NBA: Nikola Jokic records 19th triple-double of the season, LeBron and Davis in doubt for Lakers, Golden State loses again
- NHL: League mourns death of Senators owner Eugene Melnyk
- SOCCER: Jets CEO Woody Johnson bittersweet about missing out on buying Chelsea, outgoing owner Roman Abramovich involved in bizarre poisoning
- SOCCER: USMNT arrives in Costa Rica as Gregg Berhalter lauded for keeping faith with MLS stars