How to watch Jazz vs. Timberwolves basketball game
By Scout Staff
3 min read
Through 3 Quarters
Down 13 at the end of last quarter, the Minnesota Timberwolves have now snagged the lead. It’s anybody’s game after three quarters, but Minnesota is ahead of the Utah Jazz 87-86.
Shooting guard Anthony Edwards (25 points) has been the top scorer for the Timberwolves. Anthony Edwards does need to be careful, however, as he is in foul trouble with four. Shooting guard Jaylen Nowell is also in foul trouble with four.
Utah has been led by shooting guard Donovan Mitchell, who so far has shot 6-for-10 from downtown and has recorded 25 points and five assists.
This is the first time Minnesota has been ahead going into the fourth quarter in the past six games.
Minnesota @ Utah
Current Records: Minnesota 16-18; Utah 25-9
What to Know
The Minnesota Timberwolves have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. They will take on the Utah Jazz at 9 p.m. ET on Friday at Vivint Arena after having had a few days off. Utah should still be feeling good after a win, while the Timberwolves will be looking to regain their footing.
Minnesota came up short against the New York Knicks on Tuesday, falling 96-88. Power forward Jaden McDaniels put forth a good effort for the losing side as he had 18 points along with six rebounds and five blocks.
Meanwhile, you can’t lose the game if you win every quarter, and that was precisely Utah’s strategy against the Portland Trail Blazers on Wednesday. Utah wrapped up 2021 with a 120-105 victory over Portland. The Jazz’s center Rudy Gobert did his thing and posted a double-double on 22 points and 14 boards. That makes it 14 consecutive games in which Gobert has had at least ten rebounds.
The Timberwolves have to know they’ll be fighting an uphill battle given the 12.50 point spread they are up against. Those playing the odds have seen things go back and forth with Minnesota, who are 17-17 against the spread.
Minnesota is now 16-18 while Utah sits at 25-9. Two stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Minnesota is stumbling into the contest with the most fouls per game in the league, having accrued 22.3 on average. To make matters even worse for Minnesota, the Jazz enter the matchup with 20.3 fouls drawn per game on average, good for third best in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked in Utah’s favor.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Vivint Arena — Salt Lake City, Utah
- TV: ATTSN Rocky Mountain
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $42.35
The Jazz are a big 12.5-point favorite against the Timberwolves, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Jazz, as the game opened with the Jazz as a 10.5-point favorite.
Utah have won 15 out of their last 24 games against Minnesota.
- Dec 23, 2021 – Utah 128 vs. Minnesota 116
- Dec 08, 2021 – Utah 136 vs. Minnesota 104
- Apr 26, 2021 – Minnesota 105 vs. Utah 104
- Apr 24, 2021 – Minnesota 101 vs. Utah 96
- Dec 26, 2020 – Minnesota 116 vs. Utah 111
- Dec 11, 2019 – Utah 127 vs. Minnesota 116
- Nov 20, 2019 – Utah 103 vs. Minnesota 95
- Nov 18, 2019 – Minnesota 112 vs. Utah 102
- Mar 14, 2019 – Utah 120 vs. Minnesota 100
- Jan 27, 2019 – Utah 125 vs. Minnesota 111
- Jan 25, 2019 – Utah 106 vs. Minnesota 102
- Oct 31, 2018 – Minnesota 128 vs. Utah 125
- Apr 01, 2018 – Utah 121 vs. Minnesota 97
- Mar 02, 2018 – Utah 116 vs. Minnesota 108
- Nov 13, 2017 – Minnesota 109 vs. Utah 98
- Oct 20, 2017 – Minnesota 100 vs. Utah 97
- Apr 07, 2017 – Utah 120 vs. Minnesota 113
- Mar 01, 2017 – Minnesota 107 vs. Utah 80
- Jan 07, 2017 – Utah 94 vs. Minnesota 92
- Nov 28, 2016 – Utah 112 vs. Minnesota 103
- Apr 01, 2016 – Utah 98 vs. Minnesota 85
- Mar 26, 2016 – Utah 93 vs. Minnesota 84
- Jan 29, 2016 – Utah 103 vs. Minnesota 90
- Dec 30, 2015 – Minnesota 94 vs. Utah 80
Injury Report for Utah
- Mike Conley: Out (Rest)
- Eric Paschall: Out (Personal)
- Joe Ingles: Out (Back)
- Udoka Azubuike: Out (Ankle)
Injury Report for Minnesota
- D’Angelo Russell: Out (Covid-19)
- Karl-Anthony Towns: Out (Covid-19)
- McKinley Wright IV: Out (Covid-19)